Designed to prepare practitioners to pursue professions in K-12 education, higher education, government and corporate settings, this program focuses on applying evidence-based learning and assessment approaches to develop, implement and evaluate effective instruction. Learners explore the way theories and principles provide a consistent structure to enhance critical and creative thinking, innovation, and problem solving within diverse professional and technical settings. By integrating technology, collaborative teams are able to accomplish projects through the establishment of priorities, identify pathways for decision making, and define specific parameters for evaluating the final product.
- Apply evidence-based learning and assessment by demonstrating mastery of content and specialized field-based knowledge while developing, promoting, and employing appropriate methods through the analysis of research for instructional design and technology applications.
- Ensure actions are justifiable based upon theory, standards, and frameworks by analyzing and evaluating programs using principles of instructional design to address improvement issues and relevance in the field.
- Apply situational-appropriate intellectual processes and ethical reasoning within endeavors requiring critical and creative thinking, innovation, and problem solving to meet the needs of diverse professional and technical settings.
- Employ and evaluate instructional and technical design solutions to enhance communication and foster collaborative relationships.
- Assess the impact of civic and global positions and policies upon ethical practices employed by an organization utilizing technology as a means to deliver instruction.
- Expand and enhance personal and professional performance by evaluating the contributions of individuals’ influential in the field who explored the limits of technology and design.
- Demonstrate a capacity to lead collaborative teams to accomplish projects, establish priorities, develop criteria for decision making based upon data and research, and evaluate final products using specific parameters.