Learning Management System Technology Requirements
American College of Education programs are delivered online through the Learning Management System, Canvas. In order to successfully complete all coursework, students are required to have regular access to a computer with an Internet connection, audio and video playback capabilities, and the following minimum technology features:
- PC Windows 2000, or Windows 7/8 or Mac OS**
- Most tablets, iPads, and smart phones* **
- Any current browser such as Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or IE9
- FlashPlayer 9
- 512 MB of RAM (1 GB or more preferred)
- Broadband connection (Courses are video intensive)**
- Video display capable of high-color 16-bit display
- A sound card and speakers or headphones
- Current anti-virus software that is kept up-to-date
- Web camera (highly recommended)
- Adobe Reader
- Microsoft Office is the standard office productivity software used by faculty, students, and staff***
* While students may view course assignments and view and complete discussion board posts via tablets and smartphones, a desktop or laptop computer is necessary in order to fully access and complete course requirements.
** Students are strongly advised to have back up methods in place for completing assignments, posts, quizzes, exams, and other course related requirements in the event of internet failure.
*** Canvas supports .doc/.docx, .ppt/.pptx, .xls/.xlsx and .pdf file formats.
American College of Education utilizes and provides the following platforms for all courses:
- Canvas - ACE’s online learning management system (LMS) that allows students to access their courses and interact with other students and faculty.
- TurnItIn - A plagiarism detection system, which reviews student papers and publications to ensure that students maintain academic integrity.
- MyACE Portal - ACE’s student portal where students can access unofficial transcripts, view grades, make payments, and update personal/profile information.